EcoLeaders at UC Berkeley
Eco Leaders meetings are gatherings of environmental student leaders at UC Berkeley that are held at least once a semester to discuss issues that impact the community. If you’re a student leader wanting to stay in touch with Eco Leaders, please e-mail email@example.com to confirm that your organization’s main contacts are on our mailing list.
Who is considered an Eco Leader at UC Berkeley?
An Eco Leader is anyone who is in a student-led sustainability organization at the UC Berkeley campus (RSOs and non-RSOs alike) that is integral to their organization. We do not put caps on this description/number of people an organization can bring to Eco Leaders meetings and encourage organization leaders to invite underclassmen members of their organization as well.
Who can bring items to discuss to Eco Leaders meetings?
Eco Office (ASUC Office of Emma Centeno) and SERC host Eco Leaders meetings, and any organization can bring items to discuss prior to the meeting. If you feel that Eco Leaders would like to hear about an issue/program/opportunity, feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com with your thoughts.
Join the Environmental Council (ECO) at UC Berkeley
UC Berkeley’s Environmental and Sustainability Student Organizations are members of the Environmental Council (ECO), a democratic and representative body consisting of appointed representatives and alternates from these organizations. ECO meets monthly to
- Share points of collaboration
- Generate feedback to SERC about student organization challenges and interests
- Engage in collective voting or sponsorship of ASUC Bills, Candidates, referendums, petitions, and campus policies. ECO slates its own ASUC Senator to represent the environmental community on Senate. The 2016-2017 ECO Senator is Rigel Robinson.
- Discuss and act upon critical and pressing sustainability and climate related issues
Previous ECO Meetings:
Fall 2016 Meetings, 7pm-8:30pm
- Thursday, 9/22, VLSB 2070
- Thursday, 10/20, Dwinelle 83
- Thursday, 11/17
Spring 2016 Meetings, 7pm-8pm
- Tuesday, 2/2, 9 Lewis Hall
- Thursday 3/3, 283 Dwinelle
- Thursday, 3/31 130 Dwinelle
- Thursday, 4/14 130 Dwinelle
Fall 2015 Meetings in Wheeler Hall 106, 7pm- 8:30pm
- Tuesday, 9/8- featuring SERC
- Tuesday, 9/29- featuring Office of Sustainability & Energy
- Tuesday, 10/6- Cool Campus Challenge Launch Party
- Tuesday, 10/20
- Wednesday, 11/10- Environmental ASUC Senator slating
- Tuesday, 11/17
- Tuesday, 12/1
Spring 2015 ECO meetings were held in Dwinelle 187 from 7pm-8:30pm on the following dates:
- February 3rd
- March 3rd
- March 17- skills training session with AORTA
- April 7th
- April 28th
- May 5th
The fall 2014 ECO meetings occurred in Wheeler Hall 0110 from 7:00pm-8:30pm on the following dates:
- September 23rd
- September 30th
- October 14th
- November 18th
- December 2nd
ECO is facilitated by the SERC Community Liaison. Questions regarding our student organizations or ECO? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow ECO at https://www.facebook.com/BerkeleyECO/.